Thursday, March 24, 2005

We can be an awfully insensitive nation. No, I am not referring to the Republic of Mongolia, though they can be awfully insensitive at times. Instead I refer to the land of the free and the home of the brave; ancient Greece. Just kidding, but seriously, think about this; a woman has been in a vegetative state for 15 years, and now they want to pull the plug. I shall not get into the ethics of that, frankly it's too much for me. What boggles my mind is how far it has gone. Instead of coming to a civilized conclusion, the family has focused the full power of the federal government on the issue. While the politicians in said government are busy using this woman to their full advantage, she starves to death slowly. It's strange to me that we give criminals a quick shot, but let innocent people shrivel up like prisoners in Nazi concentration camps.
I can prevent this from happening to me at least. If I am involved in a near fatal accident and collapse into a persistent vegetative state, I DON'T WANT TO BE POLITICAL CANDY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home