Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Rules of Raving

Now, I realise that raving is fun, especially when it comes to things like late busses, ads on tv, and things like that, but before you rave, stop and consider; is there a reason for the rave? Many people rave about the world in general, but they usually have no clue what they are talking about. They also fail to propose any alternative, which makes me want to have a good rave myself. I can't come up with a good alternative to human stupidity though, so I shall refrain from raving.
Take ads for instance; I have an ad on my blog. It sits at the top of the page, blending in a little too well for comfort. I'm considering putting yellow flashes around it at the risk of making the blog look tacky. Why? Because it makes me money. In fact, the more people click on it, the more money I get (please don't click on it if you have no interest in the product, it's rather dishonest of me for you to do that, if that makes any sense). If I were running a radio station, I would have to put ads up to maintain my business. If more people responded to the ads, I could place less ads. See? this is why a united front against ads wouldn't work; all it would do is take radio and television off the air. You could, of course, pay radio stations to have less ads, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
In case you are wondering, I get about 50 cents to $1.50 for every time someone clicks that ad up there, depending on what my rating is at the time (another reason why I ask you not to click it for no reason)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home