Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I am currently listening to Yngwie Malmsteen's "Fugue". It would seem to me that this would be a rather common name. Someone, somewhere, has called something a "fugue" before. Oh well, it's called fugue. Perhaps that is because it is so very fugue-ish, it has a fuguey repetitive kind of layering to it and such.
It's not that there is a problem with something being called fugue; it's just that it should have a name instead of a category. For instance, he called the piece before it..... never mind, I don't know what that means and it's in Latin. Bad sign. Ok, the piece before that is called "Icarus Dream Fanfare". I don't know what the music has to do with Icarus, but that will shortly be remedied.
(5 minutes, 26 seconds and one sentence later) Ok, it is now clear to me that the Icarus Dream Fanfare follows the basic line of the myth of Icarus. I shall not admit that I had forgotten said plot, nor that I had never listened to the piece while thinking about the title, I'll just give super strong hints.
There are a few things that everyone must know to sound smart. Notice I did not say to be smart, I said to sound smart. First of all, you must know words like utopian and postprandial. Second, you have to know what words like that mean (except for postprandial, no one in their right mind would bother learning that one). Third, you must know more Greek myths than Aristotle, and have practical applications in the modern world. Once you have mastered these two useless things, you will be well on your way to being an overweight, distant, disrespected, balding, smelly and ignorant company executive officer.

Anyone that wants to listen to "Icarus's Dream Suite" and has more time than a lame duck president can ask me (gadadhoon) on AIM. I'm sure as heck not waiting for it to upload onto this site, and besides I don't know how.
Have fun with your postprandial thoughts, assuming this is a postprandial time for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home