Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Everyone takes themselves so seriously. First they are shy and afraid, then they are insecure, then they are "cool", then they are distant, then they are busy, and then suddenly they are old. If there was a life in there, please point it out, because I think I missed it. You might notice that each of these things builds on the others. Nothing is created in a vaccume, everything builds on something else. I think that most people never get beyond the "hide behind mommy" stage, they just cover it.
There is a kid in my school who is really ticking me off. He is the kind of person that actually says things like "I'm cooler than you". I don't know where he gets these ideas from. He isn't "mad gangsta", he isn't "wicked awsome", and (thankfully) he isn't "totally rad". After watching him walk around with his shoulders swinging, his hand down by his crotch, and his his supercilious smirk sitting on his face like a dead toad, I sometimes wonder. First I wonder what having one's hand on one's crotch has to do with being cool, then I wonder what being cool has to do with having a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home