Sunday, April 03, 2005

Did it have to be this way?
Did it have to go away?
Did I take so long, and journey far
Pass the time from day to day
Just an empty place
Just an empty face
An empty feeling, hard and dry
Can I ever leave this place?
And all I feel
The empty people
The hardened walls
The joyful calls, with only thoughtless passions felt
For things from dust to dust
But here I stand
I know I must
I'm not sure why
They never say, they never speak of life or living
My hands they bleed
My heart is dry
And all I need
Is time to try,
And time to live
And time to die
And time to give
And time to cry for all the empty people
Go to the wall, and see the cracks
Look at the stains of blood and tears
The whispers of unspoken fears
Why are you running now?
Please don't go
Can't you stay?
I'm all alone, the voices call
The chorus loud, "Bring down the wall"
And then they fade, though they still call
Replace the vain and thoughtless smiles
Of friend and foe, both are the same
For both have gone
Both are to blame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home