Sunday, April 10, 2005

Today an auction of historical (and modern) kkk and nazi items was cancelled because someone distributed kkk recruitment fliers in the area. Good move I say, especially since the auction was already drawing fire for being insensitive. What doesn't make sense to me is the attitude of some of the people in the area. One man is quoted as saying "Why bring a bunch of old dirt up that we don't care about anymore?” This is the basic problem; we are failing to recognize a basic human character flaw. We will always care, one way or the other. There is no way to stop racism and discrimination, it just isn't going to happen. People will always want to blame their problems on someone else. They will always want to feel better than everyone else. One thing that isn't going to help is pretending it isn't a problem any more.
The American nazi party currently has a membership of over 600,000
Their goal, as they state it, is
"As the world enemy wages war against the White Race and Western Civilization in every corner of the world, we have found that the ONLY WAY to shock our people awake is through BOLD ACTION. Too many others would rather try to TALK the problem away, while we realize that the time has come to FIGHT!"
And these people are the nuts! We still have problems with society! don't kid yourself.

"First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I didn't speak up;
Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I didn't speak up;
Then they came for the trade unionists, but I wasn't a trade unionist, so I didn't speak up;
Then they came for the Catholics, but I wasn't a Catholic, so I didn't speak up;
And then they came for me, and there was nobody left to speak up for me.
--Martin Niemoller, Holocaust concentration camp Survivor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home